Coinbase which is a highly secured platform is the first choice of many when it comes to trading in cryptocurrency. This is one of the most secure as well as an encrypted system that allows you to buy, sell, and store your digital currency. However, many users had problems while linking their payment method to their account. One of the most commonly faced errors by Coinbase users is the Coinbase CVN error. This coinbase error indicates that the method of adding a card to your coinbase account is failed due to verification problems.
Linking your bank account with a coinbase profile is a very important part for initiating any kind of transaction. This lets you enjoy higher trading limits as well as gives you instant access to your account details. Once you add your card to coinbase, you will be able to sell bitcoins to your PayPal account as well. Not only this but linking your account is also helpful if you wish to cash out your Bitcoins. But, recently when users tried to add their card to their coinbase profile, they ended up with Coinbase CVN error.
Some common reasons behind Coinbase cvn error
Every issue arises because of certain specific reasons and in this case these reasons are the real cause why you are not able to verify your card on Coinbase platform.
- The first and most obvious reason is that your bank does not allow the users to deal in any type of cryptocurrencies be it BTC, ETH, or any other digital currency. Thus, you must check if your bank is providing you with the facility to trade in crypto or not.
- Another reason why you are not able to verify your card and ending up coinbase error is that you are making mistakes while entering the verification amount in the payment method page. You need to enter the verification amount correctly because it is very essential part to complete the verification of your card.
- Another reason why you are unable to add your card to your Coinbase account is that you are trying to add the same card once again which has been already added. In that case, you should remove your card and try to re-add it after a few days.
- During the card adding process, customers receive two requests for verification payment failing to complete which you will see the error. However, if you receive the third payment request, then you should ignore it because the coinbase does not charge you of any additional fee apart from the two verification payments.
Some other reasons:
- When you try to verify your card and it fails with a Coinbase CVN error, then there is a possibility that your profile is set to the wrong country. Before beginning the process to link your account, you must ensure that the chosen country is correct. This is because the verification amount is sent in the currency of that particular country.
- Most of the times, the verification could not be completed if you are using the mobile application of Coinbase or vice versa. However, switching the platform for adding your card may help in this situation.
- You might be trying to add a credit card or a prepaid card which is not supported by Coinbase.
The correct method to add your debit card to coinbase
You may only Visa and MasterCard debit cards to your account for the purpose of trading in cryptocurrency via Coinbase. This is how you can add a debit card to your account:
- Begin by launching the Coinbase app or go to the web version.
- Then log in to your account, if needed.
- From your profile, go to the ‘Payments Methods’ page.
- Here, select the ‘Link a New Account’ option.
- From the given options, select the ‘Debit Card’.
- Further, provide all the required information.
- You will be prompted to make two small payments.
- For this, you need to navigate to your card online banking statement.
- After finding out the amount, complete the transaction.
- For this, enter those amounts on Coinbase and you’re done verifying your card.
Note: while entering the verification amount, make sure you enter the same amount as displayed in the card online banking statement.
Now you are all set to make purchases from your debit card. All you need to do is select your debit card in the payment methods page and you are good to go.