If you are one of those who are stuck between the transactions made through the cash app and you want to download the Cash app again then you need to first delete the current cash app account. There is nothing wrong if you have decided to delete the cash app and download it again. There can be many errors that might occur and create interruptions while processing the payments using the cash app sign-in account. It is important to acknowledge that there are two basic ways to delete cash app account. You can either delete a cash app from your phone or via Cash app official website. Deleting process may differ depending upon the method you use, you will attain the end product that is to delete cash app activity history along with the account. Without any further due, let us see how to start the process to delete cash app account and what the essentials that you need to understand are.
Some of the basic things you need to consider before you delete the cash app account
There are many things to consider before you cancel a payment on cash app account or delete the account, these are as below:
- You need to keep in mind that you will not be able to access the payment history once you delete cash app account.
- You can download the payment history if you need it for future reference.
- You cannot delete the account if there are any pending payments or deposits.
- You have to cancel the cash app subscription and stop any monthly billing before you delete cash app account.
How to delete the cash app account on the website?
- Visit the cash app sign-in official page and login to the cash app account using the credentials.
- This webpage should take you to the account dashboard,
- You will see the Request sign-in code which will appear on your page.
- Just tap on it and a code will be sent to you via SMS or email.
- However, it is not a problem if you do not have a debit card or a cash card.
- Enter this code and tap on the Sign in and confirm the identity.
- Now, open the “Account & Servings” and go to the Personal Information tab.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and select the “Deactivate account” option.
- You will be redirected to the page, where you will be prompted to give a reason for deleting the account.
- Tap on the ‘Continue” and remember, it is important to ensure that the message contains your provided details.
How to delete a cash app account via phone?
It is possible to delete cash app activity history or the account over your phone on the platform’s app. This is probably one of the easiest methods so let’s dig in and start the steps:
- First of all, you need to open the Cash app on your phone.
- If you have cleared the funds in your account then you can tap on the circle icon on the display screen in the “Account” menu.
- Scroll down on the account menu and tap on the “Cash Support” option.
- You need to tap on the “Something else” on the menu list.
- On something else window you have to tap on the “Account settings” option.
- You have to tap on the “Close my cash app” account.
- This is to confirm that you want to deactivate the cash app account.
- You will be signed out of the cash app and confirmation to delete the cash app account will be sent to your registered email address.
In a conclusive viewpoint:
As you can see, the process to delete the cash app account is a very easy and convenient process. Whether you decide to delete the app via website or via phone, both methods are very much simple. However, if you have any queries related to activate a cash app card or the process to delete a cash app account, then we recommend you to visit the official website and get assistance for the same from the customer support team available online.
Frequently answered questions –
How to close a cash app account on iPhone?
- Go to the “Account settings” menu and go to the option that is labeled as “Close my Cash App Account”.
- Remember, it should be the fourth from the bottom of the list and tap on the “Confirm Closing Account.”
- This will sign you out from the Cash app account.
- Just remember a text or email confirmation will be sent to you in order to prove that you are not linked with your account.
How to delete a bank account from cash app?
- Tap on the “Banking” tab on the “Cash app” home screen.
- Just select the “Bank account” that you wish to modify.
- Click on the “…” option.
- You need to select the “Remove Bank or replace bank” option.
- Just follow the prompts.
How to reopen a closed cash app account on a computer?
- You have to open the cash app and create a new account.
- Click on the profile icon on the home screen.
- Tap on the “Support” option on the left.
- Select the “Something else” option on the page.
- Select the option labeled as “Can’t Access Account”.
- Click on the contact support for more inquiries.